Friday, July 14, 2017

House Prices Per Square Metre


I'm currently thinking about buying a larger house than my small place in east London. To do this I need to find an area where house prices are cheaper than east London. Unfortunately the cost of property in my search area (south east England) is very expensive and there aren't many places where I can afford to move.

That's why I've been using Anna Powell-Smith's House Prices Per Square Metre in England and Wales interactive map quite a lot recently. The map shows the average price per square metre of properties in each postcode area. It is therefore a very handy way to find areas where you might be able to afford a property.

The map includes a filter tool which allows you to filter the results shown on the map by the cost per square metre. Therefore if you know the range that you can afford or are willing to pay you can use this filter tool to identify the areas within your comfort zone.

No comments: